Data Scientist / Security Expert - Agoda
We're Hiring Data Scientist / Fraud Security expert!
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia. And as a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We have the dynamism and short chain of command of a startup and the capital to make things happen. What's stopping you from getting in touch?
Bangkok: While it's 30°+ outside, our engineers don't sweat, knowing they have the coolest jobs out there. Working in one of the largest international Internet employers headquartered in Asia, your work has an impact on what we do around the globe.
We move fast - why wait ages to see your ideas go live? Work on tough challenges, safe in the knowledge that you are surrounded by people as smart as you are (if not smarter!) to help solve them. And while we're on the subject, Agoda people come from over 65 countries: It's an incredible technical creative melting pot.
Technology is not just what we do - it's at the heart of who we are. We put cutting-edge technology in your hands so you can help us change the way people run their lives. We want you to come here so they can get there - and get your career going places, too.
Maintaining this growth requires an incredible amount of data, a superior IT infrastructure, and world class talent to bring it all together.
This is what we need you to do:
- Be a world-class hands-on deploy master
- Be vigilant and keep the bad guys away using state of the art tools
- Optimizer by trade
- Ask the right questions (and answer them!)
This is what we need you to be:
- A coder, a data monger, and a statistics/machine learning expert (at least two years of experience is necessary; 5 years is preferable).
- Practitioner with a heart of a theoretician. A solid personal ML education plan is a major plus.
- An academic quantitative degree, preferably a PhD (not a must but a big plus).
- A good knowledge of what's "Under the hood" of statistical methods.
- Did we mention coding? (Python, R, Scala, …)
- Experience in modeling and solving fraud detection problems or security problems using ML. Some related buzz phrase: anomaly detection; class imbalance; phishing; bots detection; spam.
- Nice to have: SQL, humor, blogging, Kaggle, online learning.